Like a Doula but so much more
Supporting your intuition, your need for safety, security & autonomy
Like a doula, I provide Physical & Emotional support during labour and birth plus education, so you are prepared for birth and its many variables. I also provide advocacy to help you maintain a sense of control, comfort, and confidence. My main objective is to help you to feel safe, empowered and in control of your birth experience. See this information from evidence based birth on why you need a birth support practitioner, what they do and how it improves birth outcomes: https://evidencebasedbirth.com/the-evidence-for-doulas/
I view birth as a transformational journey, one in which can create empowerment and bliss. I view birth as a natural process that is best left to the birthing person's intuition but it can be a hard exhausting journey and support can make all the difference. I view my job as an energy keeper, holding the space for you to move into the natural altered states of consciousness and alpha/theta brainwaves that best facilitate birth. I help you to get back into the zone when interruptions occur. Not only that, but I do BodyTalk in the background as needed, but I provide emotional support and encouragement as you embark on the greatest journey in your life. I love and trust in birth. I help you prepare for the journey, to deeply connect with your intuition and baby and find the empowerment inside you.
As your Labour Coach/BodyTalk Support Practitioner:
- I accompany birthers/families in labour to facilitate a safe and satisfying birth experience.
- I provide emotional support, physical comfort, and communication with your health care provider to ensure you have the information needed to make informed decisions in labour.
- I can provide reassurance and perspective to you and your partner, make suggestions for labour progress, and help with relaxation, massage, positioning and other techniques for comfort.
- I can utilize BodyTalk to help facilitate communication with Baby, help to reduce stress, better translate the innate wisdom of your body from the physical, mental and emotional symptoms that arise and the other wonders BodyTalk can provide.
- I can be a constant for a birthing couple in a time of ever changing hospital shifts and alternating provider schedules
- I work for you, not your health care provider or hospital.
I offer a complete prenatal package that includes all my services including birth support as well as a Birth Basics Package. I have BodyTalk Birth clients around the world. Virtual support is available. I love supporting through adoption and surrogacy situations as they tend to have higher stress levels for the baby, and it is where I can make a major impact on their long term mental/emotional health.
The Complete Prenatal Package:
The Birth Basics Package is an initial BodyTalks session, special Birth Prep BodyTalk session, Birth education session/birth planning (learning hands on support skills), Support through Labour/Birth, a recovery BodyTalk (remote) session within 48 hours of birth and postpartum BodyTalk session at 4-6 weeks and 50% off any additional sessions for the family. In person or virtually. $700. Included the No induction guarantee- extra sessions at 41 weeks if needed.
Let's start with a free consultation or book an initial session to see if I'm the right fit for you and can answer any questions you may have.
I have an opening for a pro bono Prenatal care, birth support package for someone in need. I'm taking applications via this google form if you know anyone under stress and needing support. My mission is to give babies the best start to life possible by providing BodyTalk prenatal care, birth support and postpartum care &education. Anyone in financial need is eligible to apply with preference going to those in highest risk groups (teen, single moms, abuse survivors, previous birth trauma or loss) and those giving babies up for adoption as those women/babies are under extreme stress. https://forms.gle/CpWYFqwFFbMkCQGW7 is the application form. In person in Saskatoon or Virtual anywhere.
© Copyright Fisher Family BodyTalk